Carrying out Insemination and Insertion of Embryos Using Insemination Equipment - conditions
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
The present document sets forth conditions for obtaining approval to conduct professional insemination and inserting embryos with the use of insemination equipment and further information on licence proceedings.
Insemination may be carried out by any person with at least a full secondary education with a school-leaving exam and who has completed the relevant vocational training specified by the Decree; the person concerned shall provide documentary proof of the above in the form of a school-leaving certificate, and/or any other document attesting to completed education and a certificate of completion of the relevant vocational training.
Insemination of the breeder's own breeding stock may be carried out by any breeder who has at least completed a special training course specified by the Decree; the person concerned shall provide documentary proof of the above in the form of a certificate of completion of the special training course concerned.
The special course consists of a theoretical part and practical training in insemination, and is completed by sitting a professional examination before an examination committee of at least three examiners.
In their application, the applicant shall state the following:
Natural person (Individual)
- name and surname, birth certificate number, identification number, address, telephone and e-mail
- trade name or name, identification number, registered address, telephone, e-mail
- a documentary proof of professional education and the completion of a vocational course
Act No. 18/2004 Coll., on the recognition of professional qualification and other competence of EU Member State nationals and some nationals of other countries and on amendments of certain acts (Act on the Recognition of Professional Qualification), as amended, shall apply when recognising the professional qualification of national of other EU Member States.
Type of licence
- Award of approval to perform the professional activity
- Ministry of Agriculture
Control and supervisory bodies
Procedure for granting a licence
- The request shall be approved by the Ministry of Agriculture
Application clearing deadline
- Within 60 days of submission
- Act No. 634/2004 Coll., on administrative fees, CZK 2,000
Validity period of the licence
- Act No. 154/2000 Coll. (the Breeding Act)
Related legal regulations
- Act No. 154/2000 Coll., the Breeding Act
- Decree No. 370/2006 Coll., on vocational courses to perform certain professional activities in the breeding and stirpiculture of certain farm animals
- Decree No. 448/2006 Coll., on implementing some provisions of the Breeding Act
Current Community regulations
- Some activities stipulated by Council Directive 88/407/EEC