Embalming and conservation - licencing step by step
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
This consists of activities related to the treatment of human remains to limit the development of post mortem changes caused by putrescent bacteria or insects.
Specifically, this involves the saturation of human remains with antiseptic substances, in order to prevent decomposition (embalming) and activities related to the treatment of human remains to slow down the development of post mortem changes caused by putrescent bacteria or insects (conservation), which do not consist of the mere cooling of human remains in cooling equipment.
Applicants for operation of the concession must obtain a decision on granting of the concession from a trades licensing office. The concession is granted based on a written request. The respective Regional Hygienic Station comments on the application.
Application for a license
The application shall be submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission:
The application may only be submitted using the so-called Standard Registration Form.
Conditions for conducting the trade + application requisites and appendices
More specifics/annexes to the application
Documents proving the achieved professional qualification are attached to the application. In this case, these are a certificate on graduation from specialised professional preparation focussed on specialised issues related to embalming and conservation and the fulfilment of education in one of the following fields:
- university degree in general medicine,
- bachelor’s degree in medical fields,
- post-secondary education in medical fields chartered general nurse, chartered children’s nurse, chartered nurse for intensive care or chartered birth assistant, or
- complete secondary specialised education in medical fields - general nurse, children’s nurse or birth assistant
If all requirements have been met, the Trade Licensing Office will issue a decision on the application for a license within 30 days of receipt of the application at the local Trade Licensing Office. If the license is granted, the Trade Licensing Office will register it in the Trade Licensing Register within 5 days from the date of granting the license and issue a certificate to the business.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: