Fraudulent invoices requesting payment of fees for registration of industrial property rights
17. 6. 2016 | Source: Ministry of Industry and Trade of The Czech Republic
Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic warns about the fraudulent behavior of some companies that are encouraging the owners of the industrial property rights to register or public their industrial property rights (trademark or patent) in their paid databases. These companies are misleading the rights holders of the IP rights by using similar names and signs as the entitled national or international patent offices entitled to provide such registration.
In the Czech Republic, the only entitled authority to provide the registration of the industrial property rights is the Industrial Property Office. Therefore, no private company has the authority to provide any legal protection in respect to the registration or publication of the industrial rights accordingly to the national law. Any service offered by these companies has no influence on already existing legal protection of the IP rights.
The fraudulent invoices bear no connection either to the Czech Industrial Property Office, or to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), which logos they tend to misuse.
An uncomplete list of the companies with fraudulent invoices is listed below:
- CPTD – Central Patent & Trademark Database, Křenova 40, 602 00 Brno, CZ
- Edition The Marks KFT,9737 BÜK, Ipar utca 10, Hungary
- European Central Register of Brands and Patents, Boulevard Bischoffsheim 39, 1000 Brussels/Belgium
- European Patent and Trademark Register, ul. Morska 35, 75—212 Koszalin, Poland
- FIPTR — 6574 North State Road 7, Suite 337, Coconut Creek, FL 33076, USA
- Office for International Registration, 7 Arlington Gardens, W4 4EZ London, UK
- Patent and Trademark Office Register of Patents, PO Box 649, 661 49 Brno, CZ
- Register of International Patents, PO Box 649, 661 49 Brno, CZ
- Registration of International Patent, PO Box 210, 658 10 Brno, CZ
- TM Publisher, Döblinger Hauptstrasse 7, 1190 Wien, Austria
- W.B.I.P., 391 NW 179th Avenue, Aloha, OR 97006, USA
- WIPT s. r. o., P. O. Box 62, 814 99 Bratislava, Slovakia
- World Database of Trademarks and Patents, P.O.BOX 173, 601 00/657 73 Brno, CZ
- World Intellectual Property Database, Roháčova 188/37, 130 00 Praha, CZ
- World Patent and Trademark Index, Na Rudné 443/18, 30100 Plzeň, CZ
- World Patent and Trademark Organization,(WPTORG),Víta Nejedlého 869/7, 13000 Praha, CZ
Further information regarding the fraudulent invoices can be found in the English language on the webpage of the Czech Industrial Property Office.
Should you have any doubts concerning the legitimacy of the invoice, or if you wish to report suspicious fraudulent requests, please contact: email@example.com
Similar warnings were also issued by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) or the European Patent Office (EPO):