Advanced Search Help
1. 8. 2006 | Source: BusinessInfo.cz
The search on the BusinessInfo.cz portal is available in two levels. Both levels enable users to search all information content of the BusinessInfo.cz portal. They only differ in options of application of specific criteria.
- Basic search is available to users in the middle part of the homepage and in most portal section, as a search box in the left column right under the main menu.
- Advanced search, which offers more specification options of a query, is available either from a red horizontal banner or as a reference from the basic search form.
The relevant search results are granted by implementation of a full-text search technology of a renowned Jyxo company.
Type your keyword or a phrase in the “Search” box. In case the keyword/phrase is in Czech language, the system will automatically decline it in correspondence with Czech grammar.
The search area can be narrowed. You can limit the search by selecting the “Source” (All sources, Documents, Links, Events). The search is started by clicking on the “Search” button.
It does not matter if you do not know the information source, the search criteria can be typed after the first listing of search results.
Firstly, type the word or the phrase you search in the „Searched text:“ box. If it is in Czech language, the system will automatically decline it in correspondence with the Czech grammar during the search process and depending on further search criteria. Then select the search method in the „Searched text includes:“ box that suits your query the best. The searched text includes:
- All of the words – the system will search sources containing, in their title or their body, all of the words of the typed keyword in any form.
- At least one of the words – the system will search sources containing, in their title or their body, at least one of the words in any form.
- The exact phrase – the system will search all sources containing, in their title or their body, the keyword or the phrase in the exact form. In case you choose this method and the keyword or the phrase is in Czech, the system will not use the automatic decline.
Another option „Sort results by:“ enables you to sort searched results either by „relevance“ to the keyword (pre-set) or by „data“ of its publishing.
You can also limit the search to any of the offered information source of the BusinessInfo.cz portal. The standard setting includes all available sources of the portal. Other options Search:“ are as follows:
- Documents – only published documents are searched.
- Links – only data of the Web Site Directory are searched.
- Events – only the Calendar of Events is searched.
The search begins with clicking on the „Search“ button.
Search results are displayed under the search form. The results are always displayed as a summary report about the search process itself including:
- Searched phrase, selected source and the type of sorting.
- Number of published results out of the total number of search results.
Every search result is then published with the title, date of publication, type of the information source, the original source of information and the extract containing the searched keyword.
You can move to the selected document either by clicking on its title or clicking on its web site address bellow every search result.
Is the search result too extensive?
Adjust the searched keyword or select the information source. New search will start by a new activation of the „Search“ button.