Inland water transport - licencing step by step
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
Inland water transport is a set of activities by which transport of people, things and possibly animals is secured as well as the transport of the actual vessels on inland water routes for needs of others with the exception of floating machinery, floating plants and other controlled floating objects.
The applicant shall at first pass the examination of professional competence which is a condition for granting of the trade permit by the trade licence office. The trade permit is granted following a written application. The Ministry of Transport expresses its opinion regarding the application.
Procedure for obtaining authorisation:
- The application is to be submitted at the State Navigation Authority
Form of submission
- The application is submitted using a specified form. The form may be acquired at any office of the State Navigation Authority; it may be sent by mail upon request or it is available in PDF format (in Czech). The State Navigation Authority recommends that the instructions for filling in of the application be studied carefully
Further application details/attachments
The document of completing the required professional experience (at least 5 years) shall be attached to the application,
Following the application the applicant shall be invited to take a professional examination. When the applicant has passed the examination, a certificate of professional competence shall be issued for operating of water transport for needs of others. Details of the examination are available at the website of the Navigation Authority.
The application must be supplemented by a proposal to determine the material, territorial and time extent of the operation of the water transport
- Subject matter – non-scheduled passenger transport, regular passenger transport, freight transport, ferry (can be combined)
- The territorial extent – the section of the watercourse, the watercourse, the watercourses or the waterways in the Czech Republic (including international transport)
- Time range – fixed / indefinite
Proceed to the next step
The application is submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission:
The application may only be submitted using the so-called Single Registration Form.
Conditions for carrying on the trade + application requisites and appendices
Further application details/appendices
The documents evidencing the attained professional competence are attached to the application. In this instance the professional competence is documented as follows:
- A certificate of professional competence for operating of water transport for needs of others (see previous clause). A certificate of passing of the examination shall replace the document of a state or school-leaving examination in subjects specified by the implementing regulation, if these subjects were part of such examination and if the Navigation Authority recognizes such examination in terms of professional competence.
- Credibility criterion – a person shall not be regarded as credible for operating water transport for needs of others if s/he has operated water transport for needs of others without authorization in the past three years before submitting the application or if the trade permit for operating of water transport has been removed from such person in the past three years before submitting the application due to breach of duties stipulated by legal regulations associated with operating of water transport, or due to failure to meet the conditions stipulated by the trade permit.
Provided all requirements have been met, the trade licence office shall decide on the trade permit application within 30 days of the delivery of the application to the municipal trade licence office. Within 5 days of coming into force of the decision of granting of the trade permit, the trade licence office shall perform an entry in the Trade Register and shall issue a copy to the business person.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: