Manufacture and import of feeds for research purposes - conditions for obtaining a licence
31. 3. 2010 | Source: Ministry of Industry and Trade of The Czech Republic
This document sets forth the conditions for obtaining a licence to carry out the professional activity: manufacturing and importing feeds for research purposes.
Unless they conform to the conditions stipulated by this Act, then only approved or registered entities may carry out the manufacture and import of experimental feed mixtures and experimental premixes for the purposes of biological testing necessary for realising a scientific or research objective. Such entities are: institutes, manufacturers and importers to whom the ministry grants a licence for such types of manufacture and import. This does not apply to feeds for toxicological tests or experimental feed mixtures manufactured and used in university, and scientific and research facilities.
The application to be issued a licence shall contain the following data:
- the name and surname of the individual or the trade name and registered office of the legal entity responsible for carrying out the scientific or research objective,
- the name and residence of the approved or registered manufacturer who shall perform the manufacture of experimental feed mixtures and premixes and the place of business,
- designation of the tested feed, feed materials, feed additives or premixes,
- nutrient content and content of feed additives, if any,
- the method of manufacture of feed materials and feed additives,
- the composition of experimental feed mixtures and experimental premixes,
- required production volume,
- other data specifying feeds, feed materials, feed additives or premixes.
Approval from the State Veterinary Administration or the respective environmental protection authority shall be attached to the application.
Type of licence
- Licence – administrative decision
- Ministry of Agriculture
Control and supervisory bodies
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture
Procedure for granting a licence
- The application shall be assessed and decided on by the Ministry of Agriculture
Application clearing deadline
- 30 days from submission of the application
- CZK 5000 according to the Tariff Scale of Administrative Fees, Part V item 93(h), which is an annex to Act No. 634/2004 Coll., on administrative fees, as amended.
Validity period of licence
- The validity period of the licence is unlimited; it may be revoked only if the conditions under which it was issued have been breached or upon applicant’s written request
- Act No. 91/1996 Coll., on animal feeds, as amended
Related legal regulations
- Act No. 166/1999 Coll., on veterinary care and on amending certain related Acts (Veterinary Act), as amended
Current Community regulations
- Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council No. 1831/2003.