Operator of a Public Agricultural Warehouse - conditions for obtaining the licence
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
The document sets forth conditions and further information for obtaining the licence to pursue the activity of an Operator of a Public Agricultural Warehouse.
- The applicants equity must be at least equivalent to CZK 30 million as attested to by the audited financial statement for the last accounting period preceding the licence application.
- The warehouse site, its specifications and the required equipment for storing goods shall be documented by final building approval as specified by a special regulation.
- Facilities, corresponding to the warehouse capacity, for drying and cleaning of goods, laboratory analyses of samples taken from goods; the minimum warehousing capacity of a public agricultural warehouse must total 1,000 tonnes for all types of goods stored.
- name, surname, birth number and permanent residential address of the person(s) authorised to act on behalf of the operator and sign agricultural warehouse certificates
- type or types of goods intended for storage
- address and specification of the public agricultural warehouse site, identifying warehousing capacity and the equipment required to operate the agricultural public warehouse
- name, surname, birth number and permanent residential address of the manager of the public agricultural warehouse
The application shall be supplemented with:
- an extract from the Commercial Register not older than 3 months
- financial statements certified by an auditor for the last completed accounting period
- an extract from the cadastre of real estate or a definite-term lease contract (valid for at least 12 months from submission of the request)
- insurance policy covering the warehouse
- document attesting to professional eligibility of the designated manager and of persons who shall sign the agricultural warehouse certificates. In order to comply with the requirement for professional eligibility, the persons concerned must have completed their secondary education or university studies in the field of agriculture, or demonstrate 5 years of experience in the field
- sample signatures of persons authorised to act on behalf of the operator and sign the agricultural warehouse certificates
- corresponding trade licences for the proper operation of a public agricultural warehouse
- inspection reports fire prevention, lightning conductors, gas appliances, electrical facilities, lifts
- operating Code and price list for services offered
- a ruling on final building approval or confirmation as to the legal existence of the building + copies of the cadastral map indicating the warehouse site
- sample form for the agricultural warehouse certificate and arrangement of the warehouse log
- documents attesting to the eligibility of the warehouse to store goods (see the request form, Annex 3 Cards 4, 5 and 6)
Type of licence Licence
- Licence – administrative decision
- Ministry of Agriculture
Control and supervisory bodies
- Ministry of Agriculture
Procedure for granting a licence
- The Ministry of Agriculture shall assess and approve the application. Included in the licensing procedure is an on-site inspection
Application clearing deadline
- Within 60 days of submission
- Fee amounting to CZK 10,000 for issuing the licence to operate a public agricultural warehouse
Validity period of licence
- Unlimited term of authorisation
Authorisation granted by expiration of deadline period
- Act No. 307/2000 Coll. on agricultural warehouse certificates and public agricultural warehouses and the amendment of certain related Acts
Professional liability insurance
- The operator must take out a policy covering the public agricultural warehouse and all goods kept in stock, insuring against natural disasters and theft.
Related legal regulations
- Decree No. 403/2000 Coll.
- Act No. 403/2000 Coll.
- Act No. 552/1991 Coll.
- Act No. 526/1990 Coll.
- Act No. 29/2000 Coll.
- Act No. 26/2000 Coll.
- Commercial Code
- Act No. 531/1990 Coll.
- Act No. 591/1992 Coll.
- Act No. 337/1992 Coll.
- Act No. 71/1967 Coll.