Optician - licencing step by step
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
This activity consist of making, sale, and repair of corrective eyesight aids, the ascertainment of the position of a user's pupils within the eyepieces of spectacles, measuring and evaluating head parameters in order to make spectacles, conversion of the astigmatic correction value provided by the physician and calculation of the correction change in relation to its final position in front of the eye, adapting manufactured aids to the size of a user's head, etc.
Notification of a professional trade
The notification is submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission
Notification may only be submitted using the so-called Single Registration Form.
Conditions for conducting the trade + notification requisites and appendices
Further details/appendices relating to the notification
Documents evidencing professional competence should be attached to the notification. In this instance, professional competence shall mean the following:
- competence to pursue the healthcare profession of optometrist in accordance with specific legislation (Act No. 96/2004, Coll.), or
- further vocational education in a field of education to become a certified optician or certified eye technician, or
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination in a field of education to become an optician or eye technician, or
- a retraining certificate or other evidence of professional qualification for the relevant employment activities, issued by an establishment accredited in accordance with specific legislation, or by an establishment accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, or by a ministry in whose purview the sector in which the trade is operated falls, and 4 years’ experience in the profession.
Besides these documents, no other facts need to be evidenced for this trade.
If the conditions for trade notification stipulated by the Trade Licensing Act have been met, the trade licence office shall make an entry in the Trade Register within 5 days of the delivery of the notification and shall issue a copy of the entry to the business person.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: