Organizing an educational program for paramedical disciplines
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
The implementation of an educational program for paramedical disciplines means preparation for practicing in the medical profession and performing activities connected with the provision of health care.
Implementing educational programs under Act No. 96/2004 Coll.
Accreditation is required to obtain authorization to implement an educational program or part thereof for:
- specialized education (prepared on the basis of an educational program published in the Bulletin of the Ministry of Health)
- accredited qualification course (prepared on the basis of an educational program published in the Bulletin of the Ministry of Health)
- certified course (prepared in accordance with the Art. 61 of Act No. 96/2004 Coll.)
For educational programs of accredited qualification courses and certified courses, accreditation shall be granted for the entire educational program.
The application shall be submitted in three written copies and on CD to the Ministry of Health, Department of Nursing and Paramedical Professions.
The application for the grant of accreditation shall include:
- Application form for granting accreditation with proof of payment of the administrative fee of 1,000 CZK in the form of a revenue stamp completed using the Healthcare Workers Register (HWR) application
- Documents on professional or specialized qualifications, or other qualifications corresponding to the focus of an educational program for natural persons (professional guarantors/trainers);
- Documents on professional or specialized qualifications, or other qualifications corresponding to the focus of an educational program for natural persons who will be further involved in the educational program;
- List of lecturers together with the topics, subjects or modules they will provide;
- Pertinent educational program;
- Material and technical equipment of the applicant, or contracted facility;
- Documents on the nature and scope of health care services provided by the applicant, or contracted facility in the relevant discipline;
- Cooperation agreement (if the applicant is not a health care provider in the relevant discipline);
- Proof of authorization to use the premises where the educational program will take place;
The educational program shall be prepared on the basis of the relevant Methodological Guidelines on the preparation and implementation of an educational program.
The Ministry of Health shall issue a decision within 60 days of receiving the opinion of the accreditation commission.