Sampling Seeds and Seedlings - licence step by step
18. 4. 2011 | Source: Ministry of Industry and Trade of The Czech Republic
The activity involves sampling propagating material for identification procedures or validating the quality of commercial seeds.
A licence must be obtained to carry out the activity. The licence shall be issued by the Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture upon submission of a written application. Before any authorisation is issued, the conditions of professional qualification and technical capability must be satisfied. The authority shall conduct an on-site investigation.
Application for the sampling licence
- The application shall be filed with the Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture
- The application shall be filed using a prescribed form. This form is available in Annex 18 to Decree No. 384/2006 Coll., setting down the particulars on marketing of seed and planting material of cultivated plants
The application shall be supported with:
- proof that the necessary requirement for qualification has been met; applicants satisfying the requirement are those who have
- a completed university education as part of an accredited Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral study programme in the field of agriculture or the natural sciences, with an emphasis on biology and at least two years of practical experience
- a full secondary vocational or higher vocational education in the field of agriculture with at least two years of experience in the field, or
- at least a secondary education in any other field, where the applicant can demonstrate at least three years of experience in the field. In the interest of demonstrating possession of the required expertise, the institute organises theoretical training lasting at least 3 months and practical training depending on the nature of the activity the authorised person is intending to carry out. The complete list of potential test questions (topic areas) shall be published by the institute in its Journal.
The documentary proof required, therefore, is documentary proof of educational qualification along with a document attesting to professional experience.
In addition, a description of the applicant’s technical eligibility must be provided, pursuant to Annex 15 to Decree No. 384/2006 Coll., depending on the type of material sampled.
The authority shall issue the licence within 30 days.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.