Schools and Educational Establishments - registration in the school register step by step
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
The types of schools are as follows - nursery schools, primary schools, secondary schools, music schools, tertiary vocational schools, primary arts schools, and language schools authorized to organize state language examinations.
The types of educational establishments are as follows educational establishments for the further education of pedagogical staff, school advisory facilities, educational establishments for developing personal interests and providing further education, educational establishments for special purposes, educational and lodging establishments, school canteens, and educational establishments for providing institutional education, protective education and preventative educational care.
The application to register a school or educational establishment in the Register of Schools and Educational Establishments for the following school year is submitted by 30 September to the respective regional authority according to the registered office of the legal entity that is to perform the activities of a school or educational establishment. In the case of schools or educational establishments whose register is administered by the ministry, the regional authority shall forward applications collectively, including its official standpoint, to the ministry by 30 November.
Application for registration in the Register of Educational Establishments
- No prescribed form is specified for the application however it is possible to use the template form.
- The application needs to be submitted by 30 September of the school year preceding the school year in which the facility is to commence its operation, see the conditions for a registration in the Register and application requirements.
- The application is submitted to the locally competent regional authority.
- Conditions for registration in the register and application requirements
The application shall include:
- A general description of personnel, assets and funding for activities of the school or educational establishment with regard to the requirements of the Framework Educational Programme, if specified. No prescribed form is specified for this description.
- A document certifying ownership title or right, on the part of the legal entity that is to carry out the activities of a school or educational establishment, to use the premises at which education or school services shall be provided. Such document might be, e.g. a copy of the entry in the Land Register, a lease or sublease contract, or a certificate from the owner of the premises.
- The standpoint of the relevant public health protection body and of the construction authority certifying that the relevant premises may be used for the purpose proposed, including the maximum number of persons who may be educated or provided with school services on such premises. In this case the locally competent public health authority is the public health protection body. No prescribed form is specified for the application; it contains a description of the premises according to Decree No. 410/2005 Coll. In case of registration of a new school or educational establishment in the Register of Schools, this standpoint may be submitted separately later by the start date of operational activities of a new school or educational establishment.
- The final building approval certifying that the relevant premises may be used for the purpose proposed.
- A document certifying the establishment or foundation of a legal entity that is to carry out the activities of a school or educational establishment. Such a document may be in the form of a Memorandum of Association, foundation charter, etc.
- A document certifying the formation of the legal entity that is to carry out the activities of a school or educational establishment, unless it is a school legal entity. This document shall usually be provided in the form of a copy of an entry in the Commercial Register. In case of registration of a new school or educational establishment in the Register of Schools, this standpoint may be submitted separately later by the start date of operational activities of a new school or educational establishment.
- A list of fields of study, including, in the case of a school, the forms of education; in the case of an educational establishment, a list of school services; a document of accreditation for the educational programmes in the case of a tertiary vocational school.
- The name, surname and date of birth of the headmaster/headmistress of a school or educational establishment, the document appointing him/her to the office, and documents certifying that he/she has satisfied the qualifications for carrying out the office of headmaster/headmistress of a school or educational establishment under specific legal regulation. These documents usually involve a letter of appointment, a certificate of completed education (professional and pedagogical).
- A curriculum vitae including work experience, and an extract from the Criminal Register and health eligibility.
- The maximum proposed number of children, pupils, and students at the school or educational establishment, including at remote sites, in individual disciplines and forms of education, beds, boarders, classes, groups, or other similar units. These data must conform to the official standpoint of the public health protection authority.
- An affidavit made by the founder of the school legal entity or contributory organisation that no bankruptcy has been declared on the property of the founder of the registered entity, no bankruptcy or settlement proceedings have been initiated against such person, that the founder is not being wound up, has no tax arrears, or other arrears in respect of public health insurance or social security premiums and that within the last three years any entity established by the founder concerned has not been struck off the Schools Register due to reasons stipulated in Section 150(1)(c-f); the aforementioned shall also apply to persons who constitute the statutory body of any other legal entities carrying out the activities of a school or educational establishment.
- The starting date for the activities of the school or educational facility.
The Ministry of Education shall perform the registration in the Register of Schools and Educational Establishments within 90 days.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.