Seed testing - authorisation step by step
18. 4. 2011 | Source: Ministry of Industry and Trade of The Czech Republic
The activity includes seed testing during certification proceedings and issuing seed certificates.
The Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture shall issue seed testing authorisation upon written application. The institute may carry out on-site inspections during authorisation proceedings.
Application for seed testing authorisation
The application shall be filed with the Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture
The application shall be submitted using the standard form, which is available on the institute website.
The application shall be supported with:
- proof of qualification, which in this case means:
- a university education on an accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree programme or doctoral study programme in the field of agriculture or natural sciences, focused on biology, with at least two years’ experience in the field,
- a completed secondary vocational or further vocational education in the field of agriculture with at least two years’ experience in the field, or
- at least a secondary education, even in a different field or focus, providing the applicant can prove at least three year’s work experience in the field. For the purpose of demonstrating knowledge, the institute organizes theory-based training courses that are at least 3 months long and practical courses, depending on the nature of the activity to be carried out by the authorised person.
Topics for questions are published by the institute in its Bulletin.
Further, it is necessary to enclose a description of the technical qualification, which, depending on the type of material used, is governed by Annexe No. 15 of Regulation No. 384/2006 Coll.,
The authority shall grant the authorisation within 30 days
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.