Social services - registration step by step
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
Social services involve the social counselling, social care services and social prevention services.
Social services involve the following:
- social counselling,
- social care services (personal assistance, domiciliary service, emergency assistance, guiding and reading services, supported housing, respite care, day service centres, day-care centres, week-care centres, homes for disabled persons, homes for the elderly, special regime homes, protected housing, social services provided in residential healthcare facilities)
- social prevention services (early intervention services, emergency helplines, interpreting services, asylum houses, half-way houses, contact centres, emergency assistance, low-threshold day centres, low-threshold children and youth facilities, hostels, follow-up services, social activation services for families with children, social activation services for the elderly and disabled persons, social therapeutic workshops, therapeutic communities, outreach programmes, social rehabilitation)
Persons wanting to provide these services must first apply to have the rules of operation for the social service facility approved. The respective authority ruling on the approval may arrange for an on-site inspection in the building intended for operating the service. The condition for providing social services is registration by the regional authority. The regional authority shall make its decision based on a written application. In the course of the procedure for approving registration applications, the regional authority may arrange for an on-site inspection. For provision of this service it is necessary to take out professional liability insurance.
Procedure for obtaining authorisation:
- Application for approval of the rules of operation for the social services facility
- Application for registration of social services
- Taking out professional liability insurance
- The application has no prescribed form or particular requirements.
- This application is submitted at the locally competent public health authority. In the case of social services it is submitted to the locally competent Regional Public Health Authority and in Prague to the Prague Public Health Authority.
The rules of operation for the facility shall be attached to the application. Under the provisions of the Article 15 of the Public Health Protection Act, the rules of operation shall contain:
- hygiene measures to prevent the formation and spread of hospital infections,
- counter-epidemic measures to prevent the formation and spread of hospital infections.
Persons operating non-governmental special children’s facilities and public special children’s facilities are further bound to state the following:
- daily regime taking into account age and physical particularities of the children,
- boarding regime.
The authority shall make its decision within 30 days
- The application is submitted to the locally competent regional authority.
- We recommend applicants to use the already existing form to submit their application
The following forms (available at the web site of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs) are to be attached to the application
- form for details on the registered social service
- form for details on the place at which the service shall be provided
Natural person shall include with the application:
- documents certifying the professional competence of individuals directly providing the social services. Professional competence for pursuing the profession of social worker is as follows:
- tertiary professional education acquired by completing an educational programme accredited according to a special legal regulation 40) in the field of social work and social policy, social pedagogy, social and humanitarian work, social work, social-legal work, charity and social activities,
- higher education acquired on Bachelor’s or Master’s degree study programmes focused on social work, social policy, social pedagogy, social care or special pedagogy,
- completion of accredited educational courses in fields of study stipulated in letters (a) and (b), amounting to at least 200 hours in total, and practice in the profession of social worker for at least 5 years, in the case of having completed a higher education in a field of study not stipulated under letter (b),
- completion of accredited educational courses in fields of study stipulated in letters (a) and (b), amounting to at least 200 hours in total, and practice in the profession of social worker for at least 10 years, in the case of having completed a secondary education with a school leaving examination in the field of social and legal matters, completed before 31 December 1996,
- in the case of a marriage and family counsellor, higher education acquired by proper completion of studies on a single-honours degree in psychology or on a Master’s programme at a university specialized in the humanities, completed concurrently with post-graduate training in marriage counselling and psychotherapy of at least 400 hours, or similar long-term psychotherapeutic training accredited in the healthcare sector
- ruling approving the rules of operation for the social services facility issued by a public health protection authority (see previous clause),
- a document of ownership title or other right to the building or premises in which social services shall be provided, from which the applicant’s entitlement to use these buildings or premises ensues. Such a document may be, e.g. a copy of an entry in the Land Register, a lease or sublease contract or a certificate from the owner of the premises
- a document proving that the applicant has no tax arrears, arrears in respect of public health insurance premiums and penalties or social security and state employment policy premiums and penalties. These documents may be obtained at the locally competent tax office, social security administration and branch of the health insurance company
A legal entity shall submit all the above mentioned documents and in addition the following:
- authenticated copies of foundation documents and documents of registration according to specific legal regulations, or a copy of entry in the Commercial Register or another registry according to specific legal regulations
The respective authority shall decide upon registration within 30 days
- Confirmation of having taken out a policy may be submitted after registration; however, it must be sent to the registering body within 15 days.
Upon the completion proceed to the next step
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.