Some activities in the field of explosives – acquiring a license step by step
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
Research, development, manufacturing and processing of explosives and explosive articles. Disposal and destruction of explosives and explosive articles (only within the process of research, development, production and processing). Purchase and sale of explosives and explosive articles.
Those interested in operating a business must obtain a license from the Trade Licensing Office. Licenses are granted by written application. The Czech Mining Bureau has input on the application.
Application for a license
The application shall be submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT)
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission
Conditions for carrying on the trade + notification requisites and appendices
More specifics/annexes to the application
The application shall be accompanied by material demonstrating professional qualification. In this case, it means:
- for the research, development, manufacturing and processing of explosives: university education in a study program and study field focusing on technological sciences or technology
- for the destruction and disposal of explosives: pyrotechnic authorization or certificate issued by the district mining bureau, and at least 21 years old
- for the purchase and sale of explosives: pyrotechnic or blaster or fireworks operator authorization or certificate issued by the district mining bureau or engineering blasting manager authorization issued by the Czech Mining Bureau
Entrepreneurs and members of statutory boards must also demonstrate their integrity.
Integrity in this case is demonstrated by a background check under Act 451/1991 Coll. The background check report is issued by applying to the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic. Background check reports certify that during the period from 25 February 1948 to 17 November 1989 the person being screened was or was not:
- a member of a national security unit assigned to State Security
- registered as a collaborator in State Security archives
This obligation does not apply to citizens born after 1 December 1971. These citizens are not required to submit background checks or affidavits.
If all requirements have been met, the Trade Licensing Office will issue a decision on the application for a license within 30 days of receipt of the application at the local Trade Licensing Office. If the license is granted, the Trade Licensing Office will register it in the Trade Licensing Register within 5 days from the date of granting the license and issue a certificate to the business.
After satisfying the above requirements, the operation can proceed