Supplier of Propagating Material - registration step by step
18. 4. 2011 | Source: Ministry of Industry and Trade of The Czech Republic
The activity consists in the manufacture and marketing of propagating material and importing it from third countries. The material denotes vines, hop plants, fruit genera and species and ornamental plant species. The licence also relates to the production or import of vegetable planting material. Marketing refers to distribution for customers other than end consumers.
The activity may be pursued subject to registration provided by the Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture. The application shall be submitted using the prescribed form and the institute shall carry out the registration within 30 days. In order for registration to be provided, notification of unqualified trade must first be filed.
Procedure for obtaining authorisation:
- Notification of unqualified trade
- Application for registration to import and circulate seeds and seedlings
The notification is submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission
Notification may only be submitted using the so-called Single Registration Form.
Conditions for carrying out the trade + notification requirements and appendices
If the conditions for trade notification stipulated by the Trade Licensing Act have been met, the trade licence office shall make an entry in the Trade Register within 5 days of delivery of the notification and shall issue a copy of the entry to the business person.
- The application shall be filed with the Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture
- The application shall be submitted using the prescribed form, available at the institute’s website
- Application requirements and other information on the licensing procedure
The application shall be supported with:
- a trade licence
- a CZK 100 stamp.
- documentary proof attesting to compliance with the qualification requirement, which in this case means satisfying the requirements given below
- a university education completed with an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or doctorate, either in agriculture or the natural sciences, with an emphasis on biology, and at least two years of practical experience,
- a full secondary vocational or higher vocational education in agriculture with at least two years of practical experience, or
- at least a secondary education in any other field, where the applicant can provide proof of at least three years of practical experience in fields relating to the application. In order to demonstrate one’s knowledge, the institute organises theoretical training that lasts at least 3 months as well as practical training, depending on the nature of the activity the authorised person intends to carry out. A full list of possible test questions (topics) for training purposes is published by the institute in its Journal.
For legal entities, the qualification criteria must be met by the authorised representative.
The authority shall grant the registration within 30 days
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: