The text contains important information about entities dealing with collection of statistical data and administrative procedures of collecting data in the Czech Republic.
There are both government and private entities in the Czech Republic dealing with collection of statistical data. Some operate based on a legal requirement, some are voluntary. Based on the Act on the State Statistical Service (No. 89/1995 Coll., as amended) the reporting duty is defined by the State Statistical Service - the Czech Statistical Office, an office of the state statistical service of the Ministries and other state administration offices. However, they can only impose the statistical duty on economic entities, not the citizens. Before the end of the year, the Czech Statistical Office issues the Programme of Statistical Surveys which includes the list of all statistical surveys. Each type of statement includes the purpose of the findings and its content, area of reporting units subject to the reporting duty, method of statistical verification, periodicity, deadlines for provision of information and information on the body carrying out the surveys.
- Programme of Statistical Surveys (in Czech language only)
- Act on State Statistical Service (in Czech language only)
The duty of an economic entity to provide statistical data originates when the entity is asked – typically in writing – to fill out relevant forms or statistical survey questionnaires. The economic entity then needs to complete the requested statistical survey and its results at its own cost, or it is subject to financial penalties. The provided data must be on time, complete, correct, and truthful. All individual information of the respondent is protected from abuse; the relevant state office is responsible for the protection of the data.
- Application for determining reporting duty of respondents (in Czech language only)
After that, the Czech Statistical Office makes the public familiar with the results of statistical surveys through the media. It also provides information abroad.
Types of statistics
Under the Act on the State Statistical Service, the Czech Statistical Office and the offices of the ministerial statistical services have a duty to report. Under this Act, a duty to report may be imposed on economic entities, but not on citizens, to whom a specific law may apply.
Intrastat is the system for collecting and processing data for statistics on the trade in goods between Member States. It also includes the collection of data on movements of goods that are not directly traded between trading partners from the various Member States. The duty to report data to Intrastat applies to:
- persons registered or identified for value added tax in the Czech Republic,
- reporting units that are registered for value added tax simultaneously in the Czech Republic and in another Member State,
- natural persons and legal entities registered or identified for value added tax in the Czech Republic that have dispatched goods to another Member State or received goods from another Member State the value of which exceeds the threshold value for reporting data to Intrastat.
In order to collect data faster and easier, there is now the option of electronic data collection from the respondents. Respondents can also satisfy their reporting duty by using a programme or sending the filled out questionnaire by mail. Naturally, the system also provides security of individual statistical data.
- Electronic data collection (in Czech language only)
The following governmental and non-governmental institutions and web portals offer further information and useful services related to the statistical duty and statistical programmes.
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Official portal for business and export
- Portal of the public administration of the Czech Republic
Personalised help and advice
The Enterprise Europe Network is an extensive network (with 600 host organisations and 4 000 full-time staff) providing information and advice to businesses on submitting statistics.
Document created in co-operation between Your Europe - Business (EU portal for companies) and BusinessInfo.cz.
- Žádost o výpis z rejstříku trestů právnických osob – Ministerstvo spravedlnosti (MS) (Actualized: 01.07.2016)
- Žádost o zřízení datové schránky – fyzická osoba – Ministerstvo vnitra (MV) (Actualized: 03.06.2016)
- Žádost o zřízení datové schránky – právnická osoba – Ministerstvo vnitra (MV) (Actualized: 10.06.2016)
- Žádost o zřízení datové schránky – podnikající fyzická osoba – Ministerstvo vnitra (MV) (Actualized: 10.06.2016)