Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff and Accreditation of an Educational Programme
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
This activity is comprised of the provision of continuing education to pedagogical staff.
A person interested in this activity must first become authorised for educational activities. This is typically a trade license authorisation. Further, it is necessary to register in the electronic database of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. It is necessary to complete two electronic forms on its web pages after registration. Besides the electronic submission, where an electronic signature is not required, these must be printed and physically attached to the application. It is always necessary to submit an application for accreditation of an educational programme together with the application for accreditation of an institution.
For a first-time application, it is necessary to follow the entire procedure. If an already accredited educational institution requests only the accreditation of an additional educational programme, it does not have to register again, but shall only submit the application for accreditation of an educational programme.
Procedure for obtaining authorisation:
- Notification of an unqualified trade
- Registration in the Ministry of Education database
- Completion of basic data in electronic forms
- Application for Accreditation of an Educational Institute for Continuing Education of Pedagogical staff and Accreditation of the Educational Programme
1) Notification of an unqualified trade
In the event that the provider is not a business enterprise, it is not necessary to have trade-license authorisation. In this case, continue from the following point.
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
- The application shall be submitted only using the uniform registration form
Trade Licensing Authorisation shall come into existence on the date of notification
2) Registration in the Ministry of Education database
Upon the completion proceed to the next step
3) Completion of basic data in electronic forms
These forms are opened for completion 45 days before the Committee session assessing the application.
- The Committee session dates can be found on the Ministry of Education website.
- This applies to the forms „Basic information about the educational establishment“ and „List of educational events submitted for accreditation“
Besides electronic submission, it is necessary to also print these forms and attach them to the application (see the next point)
Upon the completion proceed to the next step
4) Application for Accreditation of an Educational Institute for Continuing Education of Pedagogical staff and Accreditation of the Educational Programme
- The application does not have a set binding form. It must be signed by the statutory representative of the educational establishment, for a university, the dean of the organising department is also possible
- Conditions for granting the licence and application requirements.
- Further information on the licensing procedure
- If the applicant is an already accredited educational institution, only the application for accreditation of the educational programme shall be submitted, and only the educational programme with all appendices shall be attached to it
- The application does not have a set binding form. It must be signed by the statutory representative of the educational establishment, for a university, the dean of the organising department is also possible.
The following shall be attached to the application (only first-time applicants)
- Authorisation for the educational activity, which is the trade license authorisation, foundation charter, by-laws of a civic beneficial society etc.
- Overview of the human resources, technical and material facilities of the applicant.
- Overview of the applicants activities to date.
And (all applicants)
- The description of the educational programme whose accreditation is being requested.
The educational programme includes:
- The „Basic information on the educational establishment“ and „List of educational events submitted for accreditation“ tables, including confirmation of their successful submission to the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, the date and time of submission (see point 3)
- The „Description of individual educational events“ form (in Czech)
- For each educational event, a cost calculation table (in Czech)
- Additional documents that the applicant thinks may prove its experience, erudition and seriousness.
The Ministry shall issue the accreditation within 120 days after the applicants submission.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: