Inspecting air conditioning systems – obtaining a certificate step by step
1. 9. 2019 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
This activity consists of inspecting air conditioning systems with rated cooling outputs of greater than 12 kW.
Any natural person who meets the conditions for granting authorization pursuant to § 10 paragraph 2 of Act. No. 406/2000 Coll., Energy Management, may apply for this activity.
Based on the written application, the applicant will be invited to an examining board, where he must pass an examination. After successful passing the examination, the applicant will be issued a certificate enabling him to perform the inspection of air-conditioning systems (the applicant becomes so called the Energy Specialist for the inspection of air-conditioning systems).
The applicant must be professionally qualified as defined in the above-mentioned Energy Management Act. For the purposes of this act, professionally qualified means a university education ending with a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree in the energy or construction field as part of an engineering focus and 3 years experience in the field, or a secondary education with a school-leaving examination in the energy or construction field as part of an engineering education and 6 years experience in the field, or a higher professional education in the energy or construction field as part of an engineering focus and 5 years experience in the field.
The applicant is supposed to pass an examination (written and oral exam) to perform authorized inspection. This examination is taken before an expert committee of the Ministry of Industry and Trade. After successful completion and issuing the certificate the Ministry displays the energy specialist in the List of energy specialists running on the website of the Ministry.
Application for an energy specialist certificate
- The application shall be submitted to the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- The application shall be submitted on a form available on the website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade. The application must then be sent together with all annexes by email to email@example.com (electronic signature required), via data box (bxtaaw4) or by post to the address of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Na Františku 32, 110 15 Praha 1.
The application shall include:
- Proof of experience (confirmation from an employer, for the self-employed an affidavit on the length and field of experience)
- Copy of a document attesting to the education received (diploma or secondary school certificate)
- The administrative fee in the total amount of 1000 CZK. This can be done via either government stamp enclosed to the application or bank account transfer to the Ministry´s bank account with enclosed bank statement. (Account No 3711—1525001/0710, held at the Czech National Bank)
Passing an exam before an expert committee, the certificate issued within 30 days
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
If you have any questions, you can contact Points of Single Contact (PSC) set up at 15 municipal trade licence offices in all regions or contact the ministry directly on the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on PSCs.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: