Operation of shooting ranges as well as teaching and training arms shooting
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
The activity consists of operating a shooting range to train and practice shooting and shooting live ammunition using firearms. Teaching shooting theory, including teaching associated legal regulations, the minimum knowledge of health and safety, leading practice and shooting sessions using firearms, and entrusting firearms under supervision.
Those interested in operating a business must obtain a license from the Trade Licensing Office. The licence is granted based on a written application.
Application for a license
The application shall be submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission:
The application may only be submitted using the so-called Standard Registration Form.
Conditions for conducting the trade + application requisites and appendices
More specifics/annexes to the application
The application shall be accompanied by material demonstrating professional qualification. In this case, it means:
- higher education in a study programme and study focusing on the military, the police, or physical culture, physical education and sport and 2 years’ experience of managing shooting or operating shooting ranges, or
- further vocational education in a study field focusing on the military, the police, or physical culture, physical education and sport and 2 years’ experience of managing shooting or operating shooting ranges, or
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination in a field of study focusing on the military or the police and 2 years’ experience of managing shooting or operating shooting ranges, or
- a shooting judge or trainer certificate and 3 years’ experience of managing shooting or operating shooting ranges.
The application must also include a background check issued by the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic. The background check is not required for applicants born after 1 December 1971.
If all requirements have been met, the Trade Licensing Office will issue a decision on the application for a license within 30 days of receipt of the application at the local Trade Licensing Office. If the license is granted, the Trade Licensing Office will register it in the Trade Licensing Register within 5 days from the date of granting the license and issue a certificate to the business.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: