Renovating cultural monuments - licencing step by step
1. 8. 2019 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
The activity consists in restoring or renovating cultural monuments or their parts, which are works of fine art or handicraft products.
The Ministry of Culture shall grant the licence within the Administrative proceedings following the submission of a written request. The applicant must be an individual (natural person).
For information on temporary or occasional provision of services of restoring or renovating cultural monuments visit Renovating cultural monuments – temporary or occasional performance.
Procedure for obtaining authorisation:
- Application for the licence to renovate cultural monuments
- Payment of the administrative fee amounting to CZK 500
- The application shall be filed with the Ministry of Culture Ministry of Culture, Maltézské náměstí 1, 118 00 Praha 1
- There is no prescribed form for the application
The application shall be supported with:
- A completed registration questionnaire (78 kB) and a chronological overview of work (8 kB)
- certified copies of documents attesting to the applicants qualification. The qualification requirement for renovating and restoring cultural monuments is an accredited Master’s degree in fine art, specialising in renovation and restoration, or a Master’s degree in the relevant art field, complemented with a certificate attesting to the applicants completion of a course on restoration under a life-long learning programme, or an accredited Bachelor’s degree in the fine art, specialising in renovation and 2 years of professional experience;
- for the restoration of cultural monuments or parts thereof that are artistic works, a college or complete secondary vocational education in restoration or a college or complete secondary vocational education in a relevant field and 5 years of professional experience; for a specialization, for which secondary education has not been established, apprenticeship in a relevant field and 8 years of experience in the restoration of objects that are not cultural monuments;
- documentation for at least 3 renovation projects which involved cultural monuments (where at least 1 of them must have been completed within the last two years) and which were performed within the specialised field of renovation for which the renovation licence is sought. Specialisations are categorised according to the classification of specialisations (13 kB).
The relevant authority shall decide on the application within 60 days, and shall call upon the applicant to pay the administrative fee before granting the licence.
- The administrative fee is not payable at the time of the application, rather during the procedure when called to do so by the authority. After paying the administrative fee, the authority will issue a license to restore cultural monuments.
- After the decision to permit restoration work, the registry administrator will give the license holder an identification number of an employed individual in the event that the license holder still does not have them allocated to another business activity (e.g. trade occupation). The identification number is given to the license holder by the Ministry of Culture, who is then able to start providing the service.
- If the applicant for a permit from the Ministry of Culture for the restoration of cultural monuments is a national of an EU Member State who gained his professional qualification outside the Czech Republic, the territory of a Member State of the EU, EEA or Switzerland, the Ministry of Culture proceeds under § 14a, paragraph 14 of Act No. 20/1987 Coll (67 kB)., on national historic preservation, as amended, under related procedures for granting permission to conduct restoration and for recognizing professional qualifications and integrity under Act No. 18/2004 Coll., on recognizing the professional qualifications and other competencies of nationals of Member States of the European Union and some other states, and amending certain laws.
Payment of the administrative fee validates the licence to renovate cultural monuments
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.