Veterinary Surgeon - licencing step by step
1. 5. 2014 | Source: Point of Single Contact (PSC) Czech Republic
The activities include examining, establishing the diagnosis, treating the animals and carrying out of surgical interventions on animals; prescribing drugs, veterinary preparations and technical procedures; administration of drugs and veterinary preparations - sale of which are only possible upon veterinary surgeon's prescription; examination of slaughterhouse animals and meat and examination of other animal products.
Further the diagnostics of animals' health conditions including veterinary laboratory diagnostics; veterinary decontamination operations; further professional operations for which the corresponding professional qualifications obtained from studies and professional experience in veterinary possibly another field.
Person interested in carrying out of these operations must first apply for issue of certification and entry into the list of members of the Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons. As soon as the person obtains a registration number with the Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons, he can apply for approval and registration with the Regional Veterinary Administration.
Procedure for obtaining authorisation:
- Application for issue of certification and entry into the list of Chamber members
- Application for approval and registration of a private veterinary surgeon to be able to issue passports
- the application shall be filed with the Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons
- use of the prescribed application form is recommended
- registration requirements and further information
The application shall include:
- a certified copy of a university diploma
- a certified copy of a state exam certificate (graduates until 2005) or a supplement to the diploma (diploma supplement, graduates from 2006 including)
- proof of practical experience within the set extent (graduates until 2003, international applicants)
The application shall be filed with the Regional Veterinary Administration
In addition to the particulars provided for submission by the Administrative Procedure Code, the notification of initiation of activities under paragraph 1 letter a) must include academic title, place of veterinary therapeutic and preventive activities, and telephone number, fax number or email address. The notification must be accompanied by the original or certified copy of certification pursuant to the Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons Act and statement of consent to use the information provided in registers and records of the information system of the State Veterinary Administration.
The Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons shall issue the certificate and register the applicant within 30 days/in more complicated cases within 60 days
2) Application for approval and registration of a private veterinary surgeon to be able to issue passports
- An application shall be submitted to the Regional Veterinary Administration
- use of the sample application form is recommended
- The application must indicate the registration number at the Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons (see item 1)
The Regional Veterinary Administration shall approve and register the applicant within 30 days
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: