Assessing the conformity of products means activities that determine the conformity of a product with the requirements of Czech technical regulations. These activities for each sector (groups of specified products) are regulated by Act No. 22/1997 Coll., on the technical requirements for products and on changes and amendments to certain laws, as amended, and government regulations relevant for the sector.
It is desirable for the applicant for authorization to first obtain accreditation for performing a specific activity involving the assessment of product conformity. This is done by the Czech Accreditation Institute. The applicant should then ask the Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing for authorization to perform the activity of assessing product conformity. Due to the complexity of the process, the staff at the office should be consulted prior to submitting the application.
The procedure for obtaining authorization:
- Application for obtaining accreditation to assess product conformity
- Application for authorization to perform activities involved in product conformity assessment
- The application is submitted to the Czech Accreditation Institute, its website contains detailed information about the entire process of accreditation.
- The application is submitted to the Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing and the approval process is governed by Act No. 500/2004 Coll., Administrative Procedure Code, as amended. The application must include the identification of the applicant, the subject of the application, signature of the statutory representative of the applicant, and proof of compliance with the requirements of authorization. Consultation with the staff of the office is recommended prior to making the application. The office shall issue a decision on the authorization if the applicant meets all the conditions for the proper performance of conformity assessment procedures prescribed by law and relevant government regulations for the sector. If a particular government regulation does not provide these conditions, the Office shall issue a decision on authorization if the applicant meets the necessary conditions according to the Art. 11 paragraph 2, letter a) to f) of the Act.
- More information on the application and authorization procedure
- More details are also available in the principles of authorization
The application shall include:
- Proof of compliance with the requirements of authorization, i.e. documents demonstrating compliance with all the requirements for the proper performance of the conformity assessment procedures set out in the relevant government regulation, or if no government regulation provides these conditions, in Act No. 22/1997 Coll. (the Art. 11 paragraph 2, letter a) to f) of the Act). It depends on the particular sector (on the group of specified products) and therefore on specific government regulations. The best possible means to demonstrate compliance with the various requirements of authorization are set out in the principles of authorization. These include documents from public registers, documents issued by other agencies such as CIA, affidavits of the statutory representatives of the applicant organization, etc.
The Office shall decide on the authorization within 120 days; in serious cases the deadline can be extended by another 90 days.
Once the authorization is granted, the provision of service can commence within the specified range, starting on the date of the modified decision to grant authorization.
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.