This activity consists of inspecting boilers with a rated output of more than 20 kW and with corresponding heat distribution lines.
The applicant must be professionally qualified. For the purposes of this law, professionally qualified means a university education ending with a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree in the energy or construction field as part of an engineering focus and 3 years experience in the field, or a secondary education with a school-leaving examination in the energy or construction field as part of an engineering education and 6 years experience in the field, or a higher professional education in the energy or construction field as part of an engineering focus and 5 years experience in the field.
The applicant must also pass an examination (written and oral exams) to perform authorized activities in the field of energy efficiency. This examination is taken before an expert committee of the Ministry of Industry and Trade. After successful completion, it is enough to apply for registration in the list of energy specialists.
Every natural person who meets the conditions for the grant of the license pursuant to § 10 paragraph 2 of the Act. No 406/2000 Coll., may apply to perform this activity. Based on a written application, the applicant shall be summoned to appear before an examination board, where he must pass the examination (written and oral exams). After passing the examination, the applicant will be issued certification enabling him to perform this activity.
Application for an energy specialist license
- The application shall be submitted to the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- The application shall be submitted on a form available on the website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade. The application must be completed by hand and physically sent together with all annexes to the address of the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
The application shall include:
- Proof of experience (confirmation from an employer, for the self-employed an affidavit on the length and field of experience)
- Copy of a document attesting to the education received (diploma or secondary school certificate)
Further information on the licence proceedings
Passing an exam before an examining board, the decision about certification issued within 30 days
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: