This document provides the conditions for obtaining the certification of an energy auditor, the application requirements, and other information about the licensing procedure.
- Conditions for granting a licence
- Application requirements
- Requirements connected to the provision of services by a provider from a different Member State
- Further information on the licensing procedure
Conditions for granting a licence
- Passing a professional examination (before an examining board appointed by the Ministry of Industry and Trade)
- Legal capacity
- Good character, meaning the applicant has not been convicted of an intentional criminal act
- Professional qualifications – For the purposes of this law, professional qualifications means a university education ending with a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree in the energy or construction field as part of an engineering focus and 3 years experience in the field, or a secondary education with a school-leaving examination in the energy or construction field as part of an engineering education and 6 years experience in the field, or a higher professional education in the energy or construction field as part of an engineering focus and 5 years experience in the field
- Proof of professional qualifications, which include proof of education and experience in the field
- Extract from the Crime Registry not older than 3 months
- Proof of passing the professional examination
Requirements connected to the provision of services by a provider from a different Member State
An energy audit, energy assessment, building energy performance certificate, inspecting boilers and thermal energy lines and inspecting air conditioning equipment can be done by a person established in another Member State who has permission to perform these activities. Performing the above activities by a person established in another Member State requires the applicant to notify the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Further information on the licence proceedings
Type of licence
- Registration in the list of energy specialists kept by MIT and certification of the professional qualifications of an energy auditor
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
Control and supervisory bodies
- State Energy Inspection
Application clearing deadline
- Generally in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Code, i.e. 30 days.
- Currently no fees are collected.
Validity period of the licence
- The license is time-limited; every 3 years the energy specialist must complete continuous education (see §10 and Act No. 406/2000 Coll.). The authorization may be canceled in accordance with § 10b of Act No. 406/2000 Coll.
Combined proceedings (recognising qualifications and granting authorisation)
- For the purpose of registration in the list of specialists, the qualifications obtained in another Member State are recognized under Act No. 18/2004 Coll., on recognizing professional qualifications.
Authorisation granted by expiration of deadline period
- Issuing authorization according to deadlines will be applied in this process.
- Act No. 406/2000 Coll., Energy Management
Professional liability insurance
- Required only for people licensed to conduct energy audits and energy assessments.