This activity consists in procuring, producing, processing, treating, packing, storing, transporting and marketing animal products.
The person who as a trader carries out the above mentioned activities with the exception of sales of own products from primary production in a small amount must apply for an approval and registration possibly for a registration of business or plant and/or other facility by the Regional Veterinary Administration. The approval and registration shall be carried out following an application submitted in writing.
Application for approval and registration of a foodstuff business
- An application shall be submitted to the Regional Veterinary Administration.
- Use of the prescribed application form is recommended.
The application shall include:
- Building inspection certificate or approval,
- location of the business within the territory and identification (description) of its relevant links to the environment, i.e. in terms of transport and environmental protection (situational map),
- overall structural design and layout of the business, including technological equipment (business site plan and the relevant part of the construction documentation where required),
- detailed designation and equipment of individual operating facilities,
- some technical details (treatment of the floors, walls, ceilings, doors, windows, sewerage system, ventilation, lighting, sanitary facilities, etc.),
- potable water supply (sources, water supply lines, annual water consumption plan by consumption, laboratory results of water analysis),
- procedures based on HACCP11) principles, actual inspection and control system for production conditions and health safety of animal products,
- organisation of operation and plant hygiene (operating and hygiene code) and the provision of effective measures in the event of hazardous infections,
- disinfection, pest and rodent control (coverage, means used, action plan, registration and evaluation),
- method of sorting, safe disposal or treatment of animal by-products, their processing or handover to a facility designated for their harmless disposal or re-use, as well as the method of disposal of other wastes,
- the Regional Veterinary Administration may request a submission of evidence for other facts (e.g. facility equipment etc.).
The Regional Veterinary Administration shall approve and register an applicant within 30 days
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements. In case of approval it is necessary to notify the Regional Veterinary Administration with the date of beginning of activities and operate it only following the approval.
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.