The activity consists in organising inspections of seed crops and issuing certificates recognising the crops inspected.
A licence must be obtained to carry out the activity. The licence shall be issued by the Central Agricultural Inspection and Testing Institute following a written application. In order for the licence to be issued, applicants must comply with the requirements for professional qualification and must have the required technical capacity. The Authority shall conduct an on-site investigation.
Application for the sampling licence
- The application shall be filed with the Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture
- The application shall be submitted using a prescribed form. This form is available in Annex 18 to Decree No. 384/2006 Coll., which sets out the particulars on marketing seed and planting material of cultivated plants
The application shall be supported with:
- documentary proof attesting to compliance with the qualification requirement, which in this case means satisfying the requirements given below
- a university education completed with an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or doctorate, either in agriculture or the natural sciences, with an emphasis on biology, and at least two years of practical experience,
- a full secondary vocational or higher vocational education in agriculture with at least two years of practical experience, or
- at least a secondary education in any other field, where the applicant can provide proof of at least three years of practical experience in fields relating to the application. In order to demonstrate one’s knowledge, the institute organises theoretical training that lasts at least 3 months as well as practical training, depending on the nature of the activity the authorised person intends to carry out. A full list of possible test questions (topics) for training purposes is published by the institute in its Journal.
The documentary proof required, therefore, is evidence in support of the required educational qualification and in support of professional experience.
In addition, a description of technical eligibility must be provided, which is governed by Annex 15 to Decree No. 384/2006 Coll., depending on the type of material sampled.
The institute shall issue the licence within 30 days.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.