An authorising inspector performs a specific activity related to building permit procedure, inspecting construction design documentation under shortened building permit procedures, drafting professional certificates, participation in site visits, making entries in the site diary or single construction entries and access to the land or construction site.
Only an authorised architect or engineer may become an authorised inspector. Persons seeking authorisation must initially take a professional eligibility test. Once they pass the test, applicants shall submit an application to be appointed an authorised inspector. The Minister for Local Development shall appoint the applicant as an authorised inspector and send them an appointment certificate.
Procedure for obtaining authorisation:
- aplication for the test
- the applicant shall enclose all specified annexes
- the applicant shall bear the costs of the test: CZK 14,400 (CZK 12,000 + 21% VAT) to be transferred to bank account no. 215950222/0300, quoting their CKA or CKAIT membership number in the variable code line
- application delivery address: Koordinační rada pro autorizované inspektory, Sokolská 15, 120 00 Praha 2
- application requirement and conditions for awarding authorisation
The Co-Ordination Council for Authorised Inspectors shall send the applicant an invitation to take the test at least 30 days in advance.
Upon the completion proceed to the next step
- Application for appointment as authorised inspector,
- The applicant must provide payment of the administrative fee amounting to CZK 10,000 to Ministry for Local Development, bank account no. 3711-629001/0710, quoting their CKA or CKAIT membership number in the variable code line.
- Further information on the licensing procedure (link to the table)
The Minister for Local Development shall decide on the appointment within the time limit specified in the Administrative Code (with no undue delay, 30 days at most and the Ministry for Local Development shall send the authorised inspector a certificate of appointment).
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- CKAIT provides a collective insurance policy.
- Further information is available at the Ministry for Local Development website
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: