This activity consists in construction and erection work on new structures, modifying completed structures (superstructures, extensions, construction modifications), maintaining and demolishing existing structures under the Building Act. When performing the said construction work, other activities may also be performed which are associated with the implementation of structures and which form the subject of vocational or professional trades or possibly of unqualified trades.
Notification of a professional trade
The notification is submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission
Notification may only be submitted using the so-called Single Registration Form.
Conditions for carrying on the trade + notification requisites and appendices
Further details/appendices relating to the notification
Documents evidencing professional competence should be attached to the notification. In this instance, professional competence shall mean the following:
- authorization or entry in the register of registered persons in accordance with Act No. 360/1992, Coll. as amended, or
- higher education in a master’s degree programme focusing on civil engineering or architecture and 3 years’ experience of construction, or
- higher education in a bachelor’s degree programme focusing on civil engineering or architecture and 5 years’ experience of construction, or
- further vocational education in a field of study focusing on civil engineering and 5 years’ experience of construction, or
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination in a field of study focusing on civil engineering and 5 years’ experience of construction, or
- documents under section 7(5)(a), (b), (c), (d) or (e) of the Trade Licensing Act
Besides these documents, no other facts need to be evidenced for this trade.
If the conditions for trade notification stipulated by the Trade Licensing Act have been met, the trade licence office shall make an entry in the Trade Register within 5 days of the delivery of the notification and shall issue a copy of the entry to the business person.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: