The activity consists in restoring or renovating cultural monuments or their parts, which are works of fine art or handicraft products.
One-off or temporary performance of regulated activity in the Czech Republic according to § 14b, paragraph 2–4 of Act No. 20/1987 Coll (67 kB)., National Historic Preservation, called as „notification“.
For information on permanent providing of services of restoring or renovating cultural monuments visit Renovating cultural monuments – licencing step by step
Declaration of temporal or occasional provision of services
Detailed information about temporary or occasional provision of services is available on the website of the Ministry of Education Youth and Sports.
The notification for Restoration Works on Cultural Monuments may be sent by email to email@example.com (electronic signature required), via data box (ID: 8spaaur) or by post to the address of Ministry of Culture, Maltézské náměstí 1, 118 00 Praha 1. More contact details
The notification shall be supported with:
- A completed Declaration of temporary or occasional provision of services
- A copy of the notifier´s Identity Card
- Evidence confirming establishment in another Member State and legitimacy of the profession
- Evidence of professional qualifications (copy of education diploma)
- Evidence of good repute (Statement of Criminal Records)
The documents above have to be translated into the Czech language (a certified translation into the Czech language is not necessary).
Additional information and documents required for complete notification:
- Information on headquarters (business – places of practice) in the home country (in the country of establishment)
- Information about the permanent address
- Information about the delivery address in the Czech Republic or, where applicable, the name of the person to whom the correspondence is to be sent (eg the employer)
- Name of regulated activity (including specific restoration specialization)
- Expected period of performance of the regulated activity (including specific restoration specialization) in the territory of the Czech Republic + Data about the monument / about the project / about the event (owner, investor, location of the monument, restoration period, …)
- No administrative fee for the notification
Validity period of notification
- The notification is valid for 1 year with the option of reneval
- Act No.20/1987 Coll.,(67 kB) National Historic Preservation
Professional liability insurance
- No professional liability insurance is required
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: