Providing instruction in motor vehicle laws, operating and maintaining a vehicle, driving theory and the principles of safe driving and first aid instruction, training in driving a vehicle, in the practical maintenance of a vehicle and in first aid for obtaining a driving license. Basic training of applicants for professional certification in terms of other laws.
Notification of a professional trade
The notification is submitted:
1. at any trade licence office
2. via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT)
3. electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission
Conditions for conducting the trade + notification requisites and appendices
Further details/appendices relating to the notification
The notification shall be accompanied by material demonstrating professional qualification. In this case, it means 1 year of experience in the field and professional certification issued by the competent regional authority.
The holder of professional certification may be a person who:
- has completed secondary education with a school-leaving examination, or in the case of a teacher providing training in driving a vehicle or instruction in the practical maintenance of a vehicle, a complete secondary education in the machinery or transportation field,
- is at least 24 years old,
- has undergone a psychological examination with a positive result; the psychological examination focusing on traffic issues is conducted by natural persons who provide services in the field of psychological counselling in accordance with special legislation or legal persons where psychological counselling focusing on traffic issues is the subject of their activities (hereinafter “traffic psychologist”)
- has completed basic training and passed a test demonstrating his knowledge of the rules of the road, the conditions for operating vehicles on the road, the acquisition and improvement of professional qualifications to drive motor vehicles and knowledge of the operation and maintenance of vehicles, driving a vehicle and the principles of safe driving, including vehicles adapted for disabled persons; if the instruction concerns the rules of the road, driving theory and the principles of safe driving, the person must have a personal driving license to drive vehicles of the group or sub-group of the driving license which the instruction pertains to,
- has not been banned from driving a motor vehicle by a court or administrative body in the last three years.
Besides these documents, no other facts need to be evidenced for this trade.
If the conditions for trade notification stipulated by the Trade Licensing Act have been met, the trade licence office shall make an entry in the Trade Register within 5 days of the delivery of the notification and shall issue a copy of the entry to the business person.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.