The activity consists of producing spirit by distillation or other separation from fermented solutions originated from cellulose, the synthetic production of spirit and the processing of spirit, thus obtained, by refinement and denaturising.
Applicants wanting to carry on the permitted trade must obtain the decision granting the trade permit from a trade licence office. The trade permit is granted following a written application. The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall express its opinion regarding the application.
Application for a license
The application shall be submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called CzechPoint) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business – in Czech only
Form of submission:
The application may only be submitted using the so-called Standard Registration Form.
Conditions for conducting the trade + application requisites and appendices
More specifics/annexes to the application
The application shall be accompanied by material demonstrating professional qualification. In this case, it means:
- higher education in a study programme and field focusing on chemistry, or
- further vocational education in a field of study focusing on chemistry and 3 years‘ experience in the profession, or
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination in a field of study focusing on chemistry and 3 years‘ experience in the profession, or
- a retraining certificate or other evidence of professional qualification for the relevant employment activity, issued by an establishment accredited in accordance with specific legislation, or by an establishment accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, or by a ministry in whose purview the sector in which the trade is operated falls, and 3 years‘ experience in the profession
The applicant further attaches to the application the following documents:
- a description and drawing of the layout of the distillery production equipment,
- technical (project) documents of the distillery production equipment, and
- evidence of the owner’s right, right to use, or other similar right to the facility and the production equipment of the said distillery.
If all requirements have been met, the Trade Licensing Office will issue a decision on the application for a license within 30 days of receipt of the application at the local Trade Licensing Office. If the license is granted, the Trade Licensing Office will register it in the Trade Licensing Register within 5 days from the date of granting the license and issue a certificate to the business.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.