In the document, you will find the conditions for issuing authorization and additional information about the licensing procedure to practice as a health risk assessor.
Eligible for the grant of authorization:
- a natural person who is over 23 years old
- a clean record – a natural person who has not been convicted of an intentional criminal offense or an offense connected with activities involved in the assessment of the living and working environment and in assessing their impact on human health, resulting from negligence
- has the required professional qualifications, as demonstrated by:
- proof of completing a university education in medicine or science, or a certificate of successfully completing a course in health risk assessment given in a state office or contributory organization authorized by the Ministry of Health, if a natural person attended it for the purpose of obtaining professional eligibility, and at least
- five years of experience in the field of health and welfare – Experience in the field of health and welfare is considered an occupational activity with the task of assessing the living and working environment and assessing their impact on human health and confirmed by an employer or the submission of the results of such an assessment. This experience does not include basic, substitute or civil service, or maternity and parental leave. The Ministry of Health will issue a decision on the application of a natural person for recognizing experience that was interrupted for more than 5 years. Recognizing proof of experience issued by a competent authority of another Member State of the European Union is governed by a special law
- affidavit to the absence of financial or other concerns that could affect the results of health risk assessments
Another condition is to successfully pass a proficiency test. During the test, the individual must demonstrate the knowledge stipulated by the implementing legal regulation. The implementing legal regulation also governs the composition of the commission and the conditions for providing the proficiency test.
Specification of meeting the conditions:
- Conditions for granting authorization pursuant to Act No. 258/2000 Coll., on protecting public health, as amended
- Authorization instructions
- A certificate of authorization is not required for a natural person who is established in another Member State of the European Union if he can prove that
- he is a citizen of a Member State of the European Union
- he holds a license to conduct the same activities under the legislation of another Member State of the European Union, where such authorization is required in this country
- he has a clean record
- For preparing a health risk assessment, this natural person shall submit a previously prepared health risk assessment to the Ministry of Health
Type of licence
- National Institute of Health
Control and supervisory bodies
- National Institute of Health
Procedure for granting a licence
- The applicant shall send the application in electronic form to PSC or use the official forms of the authorizing body on the website www.szu.cz/autorizace. Following this application, the eligibility of the applicant will be evaluated in the form of the examination and issued a certificate of authorization.
- According to the tariff
Period of validity
- Permission for 2 years, renewal for 5 years
- Act No. 258/2000 Coll.
- Decree No. 472/2006 Coll.