This document refers to the conditions for issuing a license to conduct mining activities and other information about the licensing procedure.
The person must be professionally qualified or must conduct operations via professionally qualified staff. Professional qualifications are validated by the Czech Mining Authority through an examination before a board.
In their application for authorisation, the individual or legal entity concerned shall indicate the following:
- trade name, or name and surname
- registered office, or place of business or residential address
- identification number, or birth certificate number
- requested subject of activity
- name, surname, residential address and birth certificate number of the mine’s or quarry’s expert lead, or that of the project designer, including their certificate of eligibility to carry out the activity
- name, surname, residential address and birth certificate number of the contractor in charge of the geological works
- name, surname, residential address and birth certificate number of the person in charge
- name, surname, residential address and birth certificate number of the lead mine measurement staff member
The application shall include
- certificate of professional eligibility of the person in charge (see above)
- proof of the legal existence of the applicant (extract from the Commercial Register, business license, founding charters, etc.)
- document attesting to payment of the administrative fee amounting to CZK 1,000
Where requirements for qualification, professional eligibility or other requirements are specified, the said requirements shall be regarded as having been met if the individual submits a confirmation issued by the competent authority of the EU Member State concerned in accordance with the relevant EU Directive. This confirmation is issued by the Czech Mining Office to Czech individuals or legal entities for submission in other Member States.
- Local Mining Office
Control and supervisory bodies
- Public Mining Administration bodies
Procedure for granting a licence
- The applicant shall take a test of professional eligibility and then submit an application for authorisation to the relevant Local Mining Office. The provisions of the Administrative Code shall be followed in the proceedings.
Application clearing deadline
- The deadline for a decision on the application is 30 days after the date on which the pertinent authority received the written notification of the taxi service operator, including annexes..
- Act No. 634/2004 Coll., Administrative Fees
- CZK 1,000
Validity period of the licence
- Period of validity is not determined.
Authorisation granted by expiration of deadline period
- Authorisation granted by expiration of deadline period.
- Decree No. 15/1995 Coll. (on authorisation to mine and carry out activities involving mining)
- Decree No. 298/2005 (on the requirements for professional qualification and professional eligibility for mining or activities involving mining and amendment of certain legal regulations)
- Labour Code
- Administrative Code
- Decree No. 435/1992 Coll. (on measurement documentation in mining and activities involving mining)
- Decree No. 72/1988 on the use of explosives
Related legal regulations
- Act No. 500/2004 Coll., Administrative Code