The document sets forth the conditions for obtaining authorisation to carry out mining activities.
The entity must be professionally qualified, or must carry out the activity using a qualified staff member. Professional eligibility shall be verified by means of a test, held before a committee of a body from the State Mining Administration.
In their application for authorisation, the individual or legal entity concerned shall indicate the following:
- trade name, or name and surname
- registered office, or place of business or residential address,
- identification number, or birth certificate number
- requested subject of activity
- name, surname, residential address and birth certificate number of the mine’s or quarry’s expert lead, or that of the project designer, including their certificate of eligibility to carry out the activity
- name, surname, residential address and birth certificate number of the contractor in charge of the geological works
- name, surname, residential address and birth certificate number of the person in charge
- name, surname, residential address and birth certificate number of the lead mine measurement staff member
In addition, the following annexes must be attached:
- certificate of professional eligibility of the person in charge (see above)
- documentary proof of the applicant’s legal existence (extract from the Commercial Register, trade licence, Memorandum or Articles of Association, etc.)
- document attesting to payment of the administrative fee amounting to CZK 1,000
Where requirements for qualification, professional eligibility or other requirements are specified, the said requirements shall be regarded as having been met if the individual submits a confirmation issued by the competent authority of the EU Member State concerned in accordance with the relevant EU Directive. This confirmation is issued by the Czech Mining Office to Czech individuals or legal entities for submission in other Member States.
- Local Mining Office
Control and supervisory bodies
- State Mining Administration bodies
Procedure for granting a licence
- The applicant shall take a test of professional eligibility and then submit an application for authorisation to the relevant Local Mining Office. The provisions of the Administrative Code shall be followed in the proceedings.
Application clearing deadline
- 30 days from the day when the respective office receives the application, including attachments.
- Act No. 634/2004 Coll., on Administrative Fees
- CZK 1,000
Validity period of licence
- Period of validity is not determined.
Authorisation granted by expiration of deadline period
- Yes, under this procedure authorisation is granted by default once the deadline period has expired
- Decree No. 15/1995 Coll. (on authorisation to mine and carry out activities involving mining)
- Decree No. 298/2005 (on the requirements for professional qualification and professional eligibility for mining or activities involving mining and amendment of certain legal regulations)
- Labour Code
- Administrative Code
- Decree No. 435/1992 Coll. (on measurement documentation in mining and activities involving mining)
- Decree No. 72/1988 on the use of explosives
Related legal regulations
- Act No. 500/2004 Coll., Administrative Code