The subject of the activity involves receiving goods for mass or individual storage, at all times storing goods separately from the operator’s own goods; in relation to public storage, issuing agricultural warehouse certificates for stored goods, sampling, providing suitable care, releasing and selling warehouse goods.
Persons wanting to conduct the activity must first obtain a trade licence required for the proper operation of a public agricultural warehouse. Subsequently, they may apply for a licence to operate a public agricultural warehouse from the Ministry of Agriculture. The licence shall be granted following submission of a written application.
Procedure for obtaining authorisation:
- Notification of an unqualified trade
- Valid insurance policy
- Request for the licence to operate a public agricultural warehouse
The notification is submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission:
The notification may only be submitted using the so-called standard registration form.
Conditions for carrying on the trade + notification requisites and appendices
If the conditions for trade notification stipulated by the Trade Licensing Act have been met, the trade licence office shall make an entry in the Trade Register within 5 days of the delivery of the notification and shall issue a copy of the entry to the business person.
- The operator must take out a policy covering the public agricultural warehouse and all goods kept in stock, insuring against natural disasters and theft.
- No limit on possible claims has been specified and the policy may be taken out from a number of commercial insurers.
Upon the completion proceed to the next step
- The application shall be filed with the Ministry of Agriculture
- The ministry encourage use of their already prepared application form, which can be supplied on request
- Application requirements and conditions for obtaining the licence
The application shall be supplemented with:
- an extract from the Commercial Register not older than 3 months. This may be obtained from public administration contact points, the so-called: Czechpoint,
- financial statements certified by an auditor for the last completed accounting period
- an extract from the cadastre of real estate or a definite-term lease contract (valid for at least 12 months from submission of the request). The extract from the cadastre of real estate may be obtained from public administration contact points, the so-called: Czechpoint)
- insurance policy covering the warehouse
- document attesting to professional eligibility of the designated manager and of persons who shall sign the agricultural warehouse certificates. In order to comply with the requirement for professional eligibility, the persons concerned must have completed their secondary education or university studies in the field of agriculture, or demonstrate 5 years of experience in the field,
- sample signatures of persons authorised to act on behalf of the operator and sign the agricultural warehouse certificates,
- corresponding trade licences for the proper operation of a public agricultural warehouse (any trades associated with agriculture; an unqualified trade will suffice in this case),
- inspection reports relating to the warehouse site fire prevention, lightning conductors, gas appliances, electrical facilities, lifts,
- operating Code and price list for services offered,
- a ruling on final building approval or confirmation as to the legal existence of the building + copies of the cadastral map indicating the warehouse site,
- sample form for the agricultural warehouse certificate and arrangement of the warehouse log,
- documents attesting to the eligibility of the warehouse to store goods (see the prescribed request form, Annex 3 Cards 4, 5 and 6).
Following submission of the application, an on-site inspection shall take place in which representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture, the Czech Agriculture and Food Inspection Authority, the Central Institute for Supervising and Testing in Agriculture and the State Phytosanitary Administration shall all participate. Based on the inspection, a report shall be issued stating whether the warehouse complies with all the statutorily specified conditions.
The ministry shall issue its resolution on the award within 60 days
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: