The activity consists of providing the professional management of documents from their originator and possibly the originator’s legal predecessors, including taking delivery of these documents from the originator, archiving and the due care of documents, record keeping, performing an inspection agenda and discarding documents either as part of a destruction procedure or outside of such a procedure.
Applicants wanting to carry on the permitted trade must obtain the decision granting the trade permit from a trade licence office. The trade permit is granted following a written application. The respective Regional State Archive (according to the location of the applicant’s business premises) shall express its opinion regarding the application.
Application for a license
The application shall be submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission:
The application may only be submitted using the so-called Standard Registration Form.
Conditions for conducting the trade + application requisites and appendices
More specifics/annexes to the application
The application shall be accompanied by material demonstrating professional qualification. In this case, it means:
- higher education and 1 year’s administrative experience, or
- further vocational education and 2 years’ administrative experience, or
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination and 3 years’ administrative experience, or
- a retraining certificate or other evidence of professional qualification for the relevant employment activity, issued by an establishment accredited in accordance with specific legislation, or by an establishment accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, or by a ministry in whose purview the sector in which the trade is operated falls, and 4 years‘ experience in the profession.
If all requirements have been met, the Trade Licensing Office will issue a decision on the application for a license within 30 days of receipt of the application at the local Trade Licensing Office. If the license is granted, the Trade Licensing Office will register it in the Trade Licensing Register within 5 days from the date of granting the license and issue a certificate to the business.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: