Application for a license
The application shall be submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission:
The application may only be submitted using the so-called Standard Registration Form.
Conditions for conducting the trade + application requisites and appendices
More specifics/annexes to the application
Documents evidencing professional competence and credibility should be attached to the application.
In this instance, professional competence shall mean the following:
- higher education or further vocational education in a field of study focusing on law, security or other similar specialisations,
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination in a field of study focusing on security or law and 3 years’ experience in the profession, or
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination and a certificate of professional qualification for the relevant employment activity valid for 5 years, issued by an establishment accredited in accordance with specific legislation of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and 3 years’ experience in the profession.
In addition, any employee must have at least the education according to letter b), this education may also be in a similar field, or have a certificate of professional qualification according to letter c).
Entrepreneurs and members of statutory boards must also demonstrate their integrity.
Integrity in this case is demonstrated by a background check under the Act 451/1991 Coll. The background check report is issued by applying to the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic. Background check reports certify that during the period from 25 February 1948 to 17 November 1989 the person being screened was or was not:
- a member of a national security unit assigned to State Security
- registered as a collaborator in State Security archives
This obligation does not apply to citizens born after 1 December 1971. These citizens are not required to submit background checks or affidavits.
If all requirements have been met, the Trade Licensing Office will issue a decision on the application for a license within 30 days of receipt of the application at the local Trade Licensing Office. If the license is granted, the Trade Licensing Office will register it in the Trade Licensing Register within 5 days from the date of granting the license and issue a certificate to the business.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: