This activity includes services associated with carrying out tasks resulting from regulations on ensuring occupational safety; further, activities associated with managing occupational health and safety in a given facility; conducting training in the area of occupational health and safety; carrying out tasks regarding the evaluation and prevention of risks to the life and health of employees and the activities of an occupational health and safety coordinator at a construction site.
Notification of a professional trade
The notification is submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission
Notification may only be submitted using the so-called Single Registration Form.
Conditions for conducting the trade + application requisites and appendices
Further details/appendices relating to the notification
Documents evidencing professional competence should be attached to the notification. In this instance, professional competence shall mean the following:
- higher education in the area of occupational health and safety and 1 year’s experience in the area of occupational safety or occupational health, or
- further vocational education and 2 years’ experience in the area of occupational safety or occupational health, or
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination and 3 years’ experience in the area of occupational safety or occupational health, or
- a retraining certificate or other evidence of professional qualification for the relevant employment activity, issued by an establishment accredited in accordance with specific legislation, or by an establishment accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, or by a ministry in whose purview the sector in which the trade is operated falls, and 3 years’ experience in the area of occupational health and safety, or
- certificate on passing a professional competence exam according to a special legislation (Sec. 10, Art. 1c) of the Act. no 309/2006 Coll. on provision of other conditions for safety and health protection at work, as amended by the Act no. 189/2008 Coll., and Sec. 8 Art. 1 and 2 of the government regulation no. 592/2006 Coll., on conditions for attestation and testing of professional competence. The list of accredited entities is available at the website of the European Agency for Safety and Health at work
Besides these documents, no other facts need to be evidenced for this trade.
Special conditions for performance of selected activities
To carry out the activity „Provision and performance of tasks in evaluation and prevention of risks of potential life or employee health threas“ as well as the activity of a coordinator of occupation safety and health protection on a building site during preparation work and its realisation, an attestation – acc. to the point 5. of relevant competence, i.e. risk prevention or a coordinator is required. The attestation of professional competence may be obtained from one of the accredited institutions.
If the conditions for trade notification stipulated by the Trade Licensing Act have been met, the trade licence office shall make an entry in the Trade Register within 5 days of the delivery of the notification and shall issue a copy of the entry to the business person.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: