This activity consists of the organization, offer, and sale of tours. Further, it is also possible to sell and mediate the sale of individual tourism services. Within the trade it is further possible to sell items associated with tourism; in particular, tickets, maps, plans, timetables, printed guidebooks and souvenirs, etc.
Those interested in operating a business must obtain a license from the Trade Licensing Office. Licenses are granted by written application. The Ministry of Regional Development has an input on the application.
Application for a license
The application shall be submitted:
- at any trade licence office
- via public administration contact points (the so-called Czech POINT) – in Czech only
- electronically, via the information system provided by the Register of Trade Business
Form of submission:
The application may only be submitted using the so-called Standard Registration Form.
Conditions for conducting the trade + application requisites and appendices
More specifics/annexes to the application
The application shall be accompanied by material demonstrating professional qualification. In this case, it means:
- higher education in a study programme and field focusing on tourism, or
- further vocational education in a field of education focusing on tourism, or
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination in a field of education focusing on tourism, or
- higher education and 1 year’s experience in the profession, or
- further vocational education and 3 years’ experience in the profession, or
- secondary education with a school-leaving examination and 6 years’ experience in the profession, or
- a retraining certificate or other evidence of professional qualification for the relevant work activity, issued by an establishment accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, or by a ministry in whose purview the sector in which the trade is operated falls, and 6 years’ experience in the profession, or
- evidence of partial qualifications to run a travel bureau and 2 years’ experience in the profession,
- documents under section 7(5)(b), (c), (f), (g), (h) or (i) of the Trade Licensing Act.
The applicant further attaches:
- a contract with an insurance company for insurance within the scope stipulated by sections 6-8 of Act no. 159/1999, Coll.,
- a business plan including details of applicants activities,
- a statement confirming that during the last 5 years there was no cancellation of any trade licence to run a travel bureau or travel agency due to breach of duties imposed by law or due to its bankruptcy
- a statement on the expected date of beginning operations.
If all requirements have been met, the Trade Licensing Office will issue a decision on the application for a license within 30 days of receipt of the application at the local Trade Licensing Office. If the license is granted, the Trade Licensing Office will register it in the Trade Licensing Register within 5 days from the date of granting the license and issue a certificate to the business.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
- Recognition of qualifications in business in the Czech Republic
- Leasing property in the Czech Republic
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.
Forms referred to in the guideline: