In the document you will find the requirements for obtaining and further licensing procedure information on obtaining the licence to operate a emission inspection station.
The law specifies two basic conditions the applicant must fulfil in order to be awarded the licence:
- the statutory body or members of the statutory body of the applicant are a minimum age of 18, have full legal capacity and are persons of probity, where a legal entity is concerned; an individual who is a minimum age of 18 and a person of probity
- the applicant has the required operating and technical equipment to operate an emission measurement station
The emission measurement station may only be set up
- at a vehicle repair shop authorised by the vehicle manufacturer or manufacturer of a vehicle system having an impact on the generation of harmful exhaust gas emissions
- at a technical inspection station
As of its start date, an emission measurement station must hold a certificate whereby a municipal authority with extended powers certifies that the said emission measurement station
- complies with the professional eligibility conditions for persons in charge of running the emission measurement station
- complies with the conditions stipulated by the Act for operating emission measurement stations
- has put in place an internal organisational structure and management system to ensure provision of emission measurements
3) Professional mechanic certificate
- Vehicle emission measurement may only be provided by persons who hold a professional mechanic certificate. The Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic decides on the issuance of the professional mechanic certificate.
The application for the licence to operate an emission measurement station must contain the following:
- trade name, registered address and registration number, where a legal entity is concerned, or name, surname, trade name, where a natural person is concerned, birth number, permanent residential address (where an individual is concerned)
- type of emission measurement station
- makes (trade name determined by the manufacturer) and types of vehicles on which emission measurements will be taken
- place where the emission measurement station is to be operated
- anticipated start date of operating
The application shall include:
- description of the site, access roads and parking lot
- list of technological equipment of the emission measurement station
- positive appraisal from the building and planning office, in whose territorial district the emission measurement station is to be established, with regard to the plan to operate an emission measurement station in terms of area planning and environmental protection, or with regard to any other public interest
- extract from the Criminal Register, not older than three months, of all natural persons who constitute the statutory body or are members of the statutory body, where the applicant is a legal entity, or extract from the Criminal Register, not older than three months, for applicants who are individuals
- statement from the sanitary authority
- document attesting to authorisation of the vehicle manufacturer or manufacturer of a vehicle system having an impact on the generation of harmful exhaust gas emissions to set up a specialised repair shop
Type of licence
- Licence to operate an emission measurement station.
- A certificate for running an emission measurement station is also issued, which must be held by each technical inspection station as of the start date of operating.
- The licence and certificate is issued by the municipal authority with extended powers in whose administrative district the projected emission measurement station will be registered as a business (i.e. registered address of workshop).
Control and supervisory bodies
- Ministry of Transport, regional authorities and municipal authorities with extended powers.
Procedure for granting a licence
- The applicant shall submit their licence application to operate an emission measurement station. Upon issue of the licence, the applicant shall have an expert evaluation made in order to ascertain they comply with all conditions applying to the operation of an emission measurement station. Thereupon, they shall apply for a certificate of authorisation to operate an emission measurement station.
Application clearing deadline
- With no undue delay, at the latest within 30 days (as specified by the Administrative Code)
- Award of the licence to operate an emission measurement station – CZK 1,500
- Issuing the certificate to operate an emission measurement station – CZK 300
- Changes in the licence or certificate to operate an emission measurement station – CZK 200
- Act No. 56/2001 Coll., on the conditions for the operation of vehicles on the road network, as amended
Related legal regulations
- Ministry of Transport and Communications Decree No. 302/2001 Coll., on technical inspections and the measuring of vehicle exhaust emissions, as amended.
Current Community regulations
- Council Directive no. 96/96/EC, on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to roadworthiness tests for motor vehicles and their Trailers, as amended.