The activity consists of measuring motor vehicle emissions. The activity concerned is complementary: emission measurement stations may only be set up in vehicle repair shops or technical inspection stations.
Parties wanting to operate emission measurement stations must first apply to the municipal authority with a request for the licence to operate an emission measurement station. Once they have received the administrative decision on the award of the licence, they shall contact a centre of expertise to obtain a detailed expert evaluation as to whether they comply with all statutory conditions for operating an emission measurement station. In the event the expert evaluation finds positively in favour of the applicant, they shall once again address the municipal authority with a request for a certificate. The municipal authority shall issue the certificate to the applicant subject to the scope contained in the expert evaluation, whereupon the applicant may run the emission measurement station.
Procedure for obtaining authorisation:
- Application for a licence to operate a emission measurement station
- Application for an expert evaluation regarding compliance with all mandatory conditions applying to the operation of an emission measurement station
- Application for a certificate
- The application shall be filed with the municipal authority in whose administrative district the operator seeks to conduct the activity.
- There is no prescribed form for the request
- Conditions for obtaining the licence and application requirements.
The application shall include:
- description of the site, access roads and parking lot,
- list of technological equipment of the emission measurement station,
- positive appraisal from the building and planning office, in whose territorial district the emission measurement station is to be established, with regard to the plan to operate an emission measurement station in terms of area planning and environmental protection, or with regard to any other public interest,
- extract from the Criminal Register, not older than three months, of all natural persons who constitute the statutory body or are members of the statutory body, where the applicant is a legal entity, or extract from the Criminal Register, not older than three months, for applicants who are individuals,
- statement from the sanitary authority,
- document attesting to authorisation of the vehicle manufacturer or manufacturer of a vehicle system having an impact on the generation of harmful exhaust gas emissions to set up a specialised repair shop.
The licence fee amounts to CZK 1,500
The municipal authority shall issue an administrative decision on granting the licence within the time set out by the Administrative Code
2) Application for an expert evaluation regarding compliance with all mandatory conditions applying to the operation of an emission measurement station
- There are no explicitly prescribed requirements for the application. The applicant shall apply to the centre of expertise to have an expert evaluation carried out for operating a technical inspection station. The applicant shall bear the costs of drawing up an expert evaluation.
- The Regional Authority shall provide the applicant with a list of centres of expertise and other detailed information (see the previous step)
Upon the completion proceed to the next step
- The application shall again be submitted to the Municipal Authority, with the above expert evaluation attached.
- The administrative fee amounts to CZK 500
The Regional Authority shall issue the applicant a certificate that corresponds in extent to the expert evaluation. Should they collect the certificate in person, the applicant shall be regarded as having waived their right of appeal and the certificate shall take effect. Otherwise, the licence shall take effect within 15 days.
The business may be conducted after fulfilling all the above stated requirements.
You can write your comments and proposals in the discussion forum.